District » Title I

Title I


Title I is a federally funded, supplemental program intended to assist students who are having trouble in reading or math or risk falling behind. ISOK is a schoolwide school and has the ability to serve any student who may need Title I services. Federal funds can be used for materials and professional development for any teacher or student in that building.

Supporting and increasing parental involvement is another aspect of Title I programs. We encourage parental involvement at both the district and site level.


For more information about Title I services, please contact:
Katherine Young
Senior Manager, Special Programs
[email protected]



Parents Right to Know


As a school district who accepts Title I, Part A funding ISOK must notify parents of students in Title I schools that they can request information regarding their child’s teacher, including, at a minimum:

  1. whether the teacher has met the state requirements for licensure and certification for the grade levels and subject-matters in which the teacher provides instruction; and
  2. whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or their provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
  3. the college major and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree; and
  4. whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.

In addition, each Title I school must provide each parent timely notice that the parent’s child has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not Oklahoma certified, if applicable.

ISOK is proud to provide your student the best possible educational experiences. ISOK strives to recruit the most qualified, experienced, and passionate educators to work with our students. All teachers employed at ISOK for the SY 20-21 are Oklahoma certified as defined by the State Department of Oklahoma. For more information regarding certification criteria or other public school related matters you may go to the Oklahoma State Department website at