- Completion of course assignments that are used to record a grade for the student that is factored into the student’s grade for the term is which the assignment is completed;
- Instructional meetings with a teacher;
- School-sanctioned field trips; and
- For the purposes of attendance, a student attending ISOK shall be considered in attendance for a quarter if the student:
- Completes instructional activities on no less than ninety percent (90%) of the days within the quarter;
- Is on pace for on-time completion of the course as defined by the board of education of ISOK; or
- Completes no less than seventy-two instructional activities within the quarter of the academic year.
- For a student who does not meet any of the criteria set forth in paragraph 1 of this policy, the amount of attendance recorded shall be the greater of:
- The number of school days during which the student completed the instructional activities during the quarter;
- The number of school days proportional to the percentage of the course that has been completed; or
- The number of school days proportional to the percentage of the required minimum number of completed instructional activities during the quarter.
Illness/ Extended Inability to Participate
- Determine if internet access is available (through libraries, etc.).
- Contact teachers and Community Family Advisor to explain the situation.
- Discuss class alternatives with the teachers and Community Family Advisor.
Oklahoma State Law regarding attendance and truancy policies was reformed in May 2020.
As such, the ISOK attendance and truancy procedures were revised in July 2020, and implemented in August 2020.
This resource is intended to provide families with further explanation of the school year 2020-2021 attendance and truancy policies and procedures for ISOK.