ISOK staff is committed to a positive, collaborative environment. As problems arise, please follow these procedures for assistance in resolving the concern:
- All concerns and issues should first be directed to the student’s teacher. (Phone appointments may be set up.) If a teacher cannot resolve the issue (e.g., materials and computer issues) he/she directs the parent/Learning Coach to the appropriate contact for assistance. The teacher follows up with the family until problem is solved.
- If the concern is not resolved at this level, parents or Learning Coaches are advised to contact the lead teacher, through email. If you still have questions or concerns, contact the Principal through email. Schools will provide families with a list of ISOK staff names and extensions during the first weeks of school.
- If the concern is still not resolved, address in writing any concern or grievance to the Head of School, Jennifer Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Head of School will respond within 10 working days.
- If the concern or grievance is not resolved by the Head of School, parents may, within ten working days of the Head of School’s response, request in writing a meeting (via phone or in person) with the Head of School to discuss the concern or grievance. The Head of School investigates and responds within ten working days.
- If the family’s concern is not resolved at the meeting with the Head of School, the family may file a complaint with the ISOK governing board.
Federal Programs Complaints
Complaints with regard to Federal Programs covered under the reauthorized Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) at Insight School of Oklahoma may make the complaint known to the Head of School or with the General Counsel of the State Department of Education. Within thirty (30) days of receipt of the complaint, Insight School of Oklahoma will conduct an investigation of the allegation and resolve the complaint. The investigation shall include opportunities for the complainant or the complainant’s representative to present evidence and question witnesses.
Title IX Procedure
Title IX protects students from all forms of sex discrimination, including discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, or marital status.
ISOK is committed to providing an environment that is free from all forms of sex discrimination, which includes gender- based discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence, as regulated by Title VII and Title IX, and to insuring the accessibility of appropriate grievance procedures for addressing all complaints regarding all forms of sex discrimination and sexual harassment. ISOK reserves the authority to independently deal with sex discrimination and sexual harassment whenever becoming aware of their existence, regardless of whether a complaint has been lodged in accordance with the grievance procedure. Any student, parent/guardian, current or prospective employee or other individual within the school community who believes he/she has experienced and/or observed sex discrimination or sexual harassment should promptly report the matter to the school’s Title IX Coordinator, Angie Foust, email@example.com; a school counselor, principal or other school administrator.
See District: Title IX for more information
This information is from the Board-approved ISOK Handbook for SY 2020-2021.