Gifted & Talented
ISOK provides Gifted & Talented students supplemental resources and enrichment through the Gifted & Talented program each school year. ISOK seeks to identify students who have high intellectual, academic or creative thinking skills to participate in our Gifted and Talented program.
Students may be identified in two categories. Category 1 identification is based on a standardized test of abilities score at or above the 97th percentile. Category 2 identification uses multiple criteria (ability test scores, achievement test scores, and/or recommendation) to place in the gifted program. If a student was identified while enrolled at a prior school district the parent may submit the documentation for the student to be identified at ISOK Gifted learners may benefit from individualized programming options to ensure appropriate challenge and engagement. ISOK offers a variety of options to serve the gifted learner:
- Flexible Pacing- some courses are only offered by semester
- Individualized Instruction
- Ongoing Assessment
- Proficiency-Based Promotion with qualifying assessment and progress; some courses are only offered by block
- Creative/Academic Competition through k12 online clubs
- Interest groups through K12 online clubs
- Early grade promotion with qualifying assessment and progress
- In person and virtual enrichment opportunities
- Concurrent enrollment opportunities in high school
- Honors classes in high school
- Gifted Individualized Learning Plan
For more information about the Gifted & Talented Program or to request your student being identified as Gifted & Talented please email the Gifted & Talented Resource Teacher.
See News: Teaching Accelerated Learners for more information.
This information is from the Board-approved ISOK Handbook for SY 2020-2021.