Teaching Accelerated Learners
Gifted and Talented
For gifted students, the four walls of a classroom can feel like the four sides of a box. K12 and ISOK understand that academically gifted and talented students don't fit into a box—whether it's a classroom or a one–size–fits–all education program. Teaching gifted and talented students is about challenging their young, talented minds. It's about allowing these students the freedom that comes from flexible, individualized learning approaches, and the challenge that comes from an exceptional, engaging curriculum—both of which we provide.
The Right Setting for Gifted and Talented Students
Here are just a few reasons why the online setting at ISOK works so well for academically gifted and talented students:
· Flexible schedule to allow the student to create a daily schedule nurturing talents and abilities.
· The approach to learning is flexible and dynamic.
· K12 focuses on helping students reach their natural potential.
· Opportunities to attend virtual and in person enrichment sessions with other gifted and talented students.
· Individual and group project based learning.
· Additional support of the gifted and talented resource teacher.
· Support enrolling in advanced courses and concurrent enrollment.
At ISOK, gifted and talented students think and learn out of the box.
For more information regarding the gifted and talented program at ISOK you may contact the Gifted and Talented Resource Teacher, Holly Wyers at email@example.com
Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee
The ISOK Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee is currently comprised of the below members:
Katherine Young, Gifted and Talented Parent. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Wyers, Gifted and Talented Resource Teacher. Contact: email@example.com
Public notice of ISOK Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee meetings and agendas can be found here.
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Wednesday, May 21, 2021 10:00 AM View Agenda [PDF]
Virtual Meeting - Zoom Link